2021 Unit Game Calendar
Calendar schedule is subject to change.
In-Person Unit Games
Twice a month on Saturdays at 1:00 pm
(499er and Open)
Lewis Recreation Center
3110 Forest Lawn Drive
Georgia Taylor Recreation Center
1471 West Clemmonsville Road
Board meetings** are open to all Unit 169 members
Board meetings normally start at 10:45 a.m. and conclude at approximately 12:30 p.m.
The Unit's Annual General Meeting is held prior to the holiday party in Greensboro in December. Expected start time is 12:45 p.m. All members are encouraged to attend. Timing for this event will be announced in the next few months.
RETURN TO FACE-TO-FACE BRIDGE AT UNIT GAMES: Many of you have started to venture out to Club Games during the week, and we're finally ready to resume the Unit Games in person on two Saturdays per month ... hooray! These Unit Games will include:
0-499er Masterpoint Game
WHERE ARE MY FACE-TO-FACE GAMES?
In Winston Salem: Georgia Taylor Recreation Center (1471 West Clemmonsville Road), Saturday, August 14. NAP Qualifier / Red & Black Points! Game begins at 1:00 pm
In Greensboro: Lewis Recreation Center (3110 Forest Lawn Drive) beginning Saturday, August 28. STaC Game / Silver Points! Game begins at 1:00 pm
- IMPORTANT! RULES FOR UNIT GAMES AND COVID PRECAUTIONS IN 2021 - MASKS MUST BE WORN PER MAYOR'S DIRECTIVE JULY 30 - Out of an abundance of caution for the safety of our players, only fully vaccinated players can attend these first Unit games starting in July. A large percentage of people are now vaccinated, but COVID is still a serious health concern for those who have not yet been vaccinated. The new Delta variant is easier to catch, and numbers of cases in the US have started to rise. Therefore, since we are using public facilities, and most of our players are in an age group that can be more seriously impacted by COVID, all players must be vaccinated for now.
- A Few Days before the Unit Games - Take a photo of your vaccine card and email it or text it to the Director, along with you full name (mine is attached below as an example; it's easy!) The Directors at our weekly games will be helping folks to do this as well, if you'd like. Also, line up a favorite partner, or email the Unit Game Director to help find one.
- Check-in - The first time you attend a Unit Game, please arrive early so the Director can greet you and get the games organized for a 1:00 pm start. If you haven't emailed/texted your card ahead of time, show your COVID vaccine card (or a photo if it) at the table in the lobby, and we'll check off your name and let you know at which table your are to sit.
- Cost - Still $8 (in spite of increased costs)
- Food - There will be no food. Water and coffee will be available. Folks are free to bring their own lunch for themselves.
- Length of Game - We will play 21-24 boards. Hand records will be provided following the game.
- Game Time - 1:00 pm starting time.
- Questions? - Please give Rich Peffer (Unit Game director) a call or text at 336-402-5367 / firstname.lastname@example.org