2022 Unit Game Calendar
(Subject to change)
1st QUARTER UNIT GAMES
January thru March, 2022
Game starts at 1:00 pm / 0-5 MPs play free!
Jan 8 GSO Junior Fund Game
Jan 22 GSO Junior Fund Game CANCELED
Feb 5 GSO Education Foundation Game
** Board of Directors' Meeting at 10:45 am
Feb 19 GSO Education Foundation Game
Mar 12 GSO Club Championship Game
Mar 26 GSO STaC Game (Sectional Tournament at Clubs) Silver Points
IN-PERSON UNIT GAMES
Open and 499er Games offered twice a month on Saturdays at 1:00pm, Lewis Recreation Center, 3110 Forest Lawn Dr, Greensboro NC
Unit Game Director: Rich Peffer (Email, text or call if you need a partner or have questions) email@example.com / 336-402-5367 (text or call)
Note: 2022 schedule is tentative, and may change once
ACBL publishes its Special Games chart
higher attendance at games makes hosting Unit games in Winston-Salem feasible again
other Regional and Sectional tournaments are scheduled
GSO = Lewis Recreation Center, 3119 Forest Lawn Drive, Greensboro … unless otherwise
Club Championship Games: 1 per quarter held in March, June, September, and December
Board Meetings – 4 meeting per year held in February, May, August, and November ** Board meetings are open to all Unit 169 members
Board meetings normally start at 10:45 a.m. and conclude at approximately 12:30 p.m.
The Unit's Annual General Meeting is held prior to the holiday party in Greensboro in December. Expected start time is 12:45 p.m. All members are encouraged to attend. Timing for this event will be announced in the next few months.
WHERE ARE MY FACE-TO-FACE UNIT GAMES?
*SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 1:00 PM at the Guilford College United Methodist Church, 1205 Fleming Road, Greensboro. Players with 0-5 MPs play free! (SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO RISE IN COVID)
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION AT THE BRIDGE TABLE FOR UNIT GAMES BY CONTACTING THE DIRECTOR, RICH PEFFER, AT 336-402-5367 or Rpeffer325@att.net.
IMPORTANT! RULES FOR 2022 UNIT GAMES & COVID PRECAUTIONS - FULLY VACCINATED PLAYERS ONLY. MASKS REQUIRED.
-Out of an abundance of caution for the safety of our players, only fully vaccinated players can attend. A large percentage of people are now vaccinated, but COVID and its variants are still a serious health concern for those who have not yet been vaccinated.
- A Few Days before the Unit Games
-Please pre-register by sending your and your partner's name to firstname.lastname@example.org Take a photo of your vaccine card and email it or text it to the Director, along with you full name and ACBL number. The Directors at our weekly games will be helping folks to do this as well. Also, line up a favorite partner, or email the Unit Game Director to help find one.
- Check-in - The first time you attend a Unit Game, please arrive early so the Director can greet you and get the games organized for a 1:00 pm start. If you haven't emailed/texted your card ahead of time, show your COVID vaccine card (or a photo if it) at the table in the lobby, and we'll check off your name and let you know at which table your are to sit.
- Cost - Still $8 / Free for players with 0-5 MPs
- Food - There will be no food. Water and coffee will be available. Folks are free to bring their own lunch for themselves.
- Length of Game - We will play 21-24 boards. Hand records will be provided following the game.
- Game Time - 1:00 pm starting time.
- Questions? - Please give Rich Peffer (Unit Game director) a call or text at 336-402-5367 / email@example.com